The Sunshine Blogger Award
I'm so excited to share that HippieDippieMom has been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by HeartSoulandWholeFood.com! The Sunshine Blogger Award is given from bloggers to other bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring.
Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post where they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask 11 new questions.
- Notify your nominees and create/display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo in the post.
It's so rewarding and awesome that HippieDippieMom.com has been recognized by HeartSoulandWholeFood.com! I work hard and am so incredibly passionate about sharing information that empowers others to make healthy lifestyle choices! I also love finding and supporting other like minded blogs, such as HeartSoulandWholeFood.
The questions and my answers:
1. What made me want to start a blog? I want to help other's who struggle to be truly healthy. I struggled with my health for most of my life because I had been very misinformed about what 'healthy' really was. I received very few answers when I sought help from western medicine providers, so I took matters into my own hands! I learned everything I do the hard way and it took a really long time to get to where I am now with my health. I would love to help other's get healthy faster than I did. I'm also a RN and it really bothers me how many sick people there are (including kids) and I want people to realize that they don't have to be sick and they're in control.
2. Do I plan my posts ahead of time? Sometimes. I have a running list (a very loooong list) of ideas, but I also just write some as they come. I'll find inspiration in places I go, people I talk to, or questions I see/overhear and then develop a post about that. For example, I spent some time with a friend and her two small children. My friend is majorly freaked out about germs, so she sanitizes and wipes and cleans and washes; yet, her kids are frequently very sick. That led to my post 'Being a Germaphobe is Making Your Family Sick'.
3. If I weren't blogging, what else would I be doing with my time? I actually don't spend a lot of time blogging now. I work as a RN, and spend a lot of time with family, exercise about 5 times a week, teach essential oil and supplement classes and have health coaching clients. I'm trying to fit more blogging in.
4. What has been the most rewarding thing for me with blogging? It's been seeing all the positive feedback I get from others telling me they learned something from me.
5. What goals outside of blogging do I have? To create products that help others make a transition to a healthy lifestyle easier. That may be online courses, or journals, or...any other ideas? Possibly even get over my fear of public speaking and speak to crowds. I feel like media, social media and the billion dollar diet industry make 'healthy' complicated, and it really doesn't have to be!
6. What is the best way to unwind after a long day? Reading! I love to read. I've read everynight for as long as I can remember. It really helps me wrap up my day and relax before I go to sleep. I read some books on Kindle, but I still love real books too! My favorite books are mysteries, self-help, and books related to natural health topics.
7. What other authors and/or bloggers inspire you? I just finished a book by Mark Manson and it's been my favorite self help book by far! I love how he keeps it real and makes a lot of sense. Bloggers that inspire me are really any I come across that are just doing what they're passionate about! There are so many different areas to blog about, but when someone is really passionate - it shows!
8. Where am I on a typical Friday night? Bed haha. I used to party it up on Friday's but that got boring and I have a 5 year old. I'm typically in bed by 9 and asleep by 10. I know - I'm boring!
9. Have I created any products or e-books for my blog yet? I have created an e-book, Healthy for the Holidays. I create tons of freebies for my readers (I've linked to one of my favorite freebies in this post). I love when I get downloads, pdf's, e-books from blog posts that I read so I wanted to pass that on :)
10. Is there anything I do to get inspired when it comes to creating content? I think back to when I was starting out and remember what I felt lost with, or where I wanted help. Like I mentioned, if I can help someone else cut out an unnecessary step or get from point A to point B faster, I've accomplished my mission!
11. What is my absolute favorite dessert of all time? Strawberry shortcake!! I love love love it! I love when the topping isn't just whip cream, but cream cheese mixed with whipped cream and vanilla. Soooo good! It's actually been really hard to find a 'healthy' version of the cake part of this dessert. I've tried several grain free versions, some even sugar free, but none are like real angel food cake. I'm actually good with just the strawberries and the whipped cream mixture though!
My 11 nominees (be sure to check out their blogs!):
The Plant Based Mommy (here).
Hello Peaceful Mind (here).
Ditch the Wheat (here).
Family Health and Wellness blog (here).
A Mama Tale (here).
Calm Healthy Sexy (here).
This Mom Life (here).
Simple Lion Heart Life (here).
Fiorenza Rossino (here).
Me Clever Wallet (here).
My 11 Q's for nominees:
- What does your average day look like?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What's a fun fact that not many people know about you?
- If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
- What's your favorite part about blogging?
- If you had unlimited money, what would you do?
- What's one thing you've recently checked off your 'bucket list'?
- What are you working on currently for your blog?
- What's your favorite breakfast?
- What do you do to relax?
- What inspires you?