DIY all natural chemical free lotion
Confession time! I was super intimidated when I started making my own products! I had tons of recipes 'pinned', but kept telling myself stuff like "that would be complicated" or "I can't make my own lotion, deodorant, etc".
Then one day, I tried......and LOVED it!! I've been making most of our personal care products since.
Today, I'm showing you how easy it is to make your own lotion. Store bought lotions contain so many chemicals! Our skin is our largest organ and whatever is on our skin starts to absorb into our bloodstream in under 30 seconds! What we put on our skin is as important as what we put in our mouths when it comes to our health.
Watch the video to see how easy it is to make your own chemical free lotion. Below the video are the written ingredients and instructions with affiliate links to the products I use.
What you'll need:
- 1 part Beeswax pastilles. I use white beeswax such as this one.
- 1 part Avocado, mango,cocoa or shea butter. (I prefer avocado butter or mango butter, but whichever you prefer works). I've found that shea butter gets grainy if you let it get too hot.
- 1 part Oil (fractionated coconut oil, avocado, jojoba, argan). Any of these oils will work great in lotion!
- 15 drops of vitamin e oil.Vitamin E is great for skin and it's a natural preservative!
- 10-20 drops of essential oil of your choice. I would stay away from citrus oils because they can cause your skin to burn quickly if you're out in the sun. My top choices are frankincense or geranium. They're both amazing for your skin!
- Small pan with 1-1.5 inches of room temp water in it.
- Glass container. I use a mason jar like this one.